Wednesday, 3 November 2010

The Tale of the Christmas Mouse

I have been busy crafting this evening and made a little Christmas stocking filler. This project is definately for someone with a sense of humour. I found the funny little Christmas poem HERE and there are lots of other verses there too. The poem explains it all:

On Christmas Eve when I was snug in my bed,
Guess what some little "creatures" were doing instead?
Little mice were making their stops
And of course they left their teeny-tiny "plops".
On Christmas Morn I did awake,
Oh me, oh my, oh goodness sake!
Those adorable rodents had left such sweet gifts,
So I gathered and packaged them up in a jiff.
And now this Christmas a present to you
This little bag of mice "doo-doo"!

Packed up inside the cute gift bag I designed is a bag of chocolate coated nuts and raisins. I had this great little mouse stamp from House Mouse by Joanna Sheen which finished it off nicely. Tutorial for this project to follow soon! I have designed this project for the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland: Have a Mousey Christmas
Bah! Humbug: Presents
Sir Stampalot: Christmas Traditions


15 comments:

Debs M x said...

this is fab Clare, great idea and that poem is great x

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is wonderful Clare. What a fabulous, fun giftie. Love it! Lx

Kathyk said...

Adorable - what a great idea

Kathyk

Claire x said...

LOL this brought a smile to my face this morning. Great gift - I hope they like it! Hugs, Claire x

Irene said...

What a wonderful Christms project - I love it.
The gorgeous vibrant orange bag is fab, and your cute little mouse so perfect. I love the Christmas poem -thanks for sharing it with us.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!
irene
xxxx

downrightcrafty said...

awwwwwwww super cute and a great project love the poem, thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland this week, hope to see you back tomorrow for the next challenge
Hugs Kate xx

pinky said...

Clare this is absolutely brilliant, I love the little poem too. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

brenda said...

Hi Clare

How very cute and what a super poem, I have never heard that one before so thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x
I have Stampalot candy here

Clare *Littlebear* said...

This is an adorable Christmas project Clare. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot.
Clare x

Max said...

LOL ... what a super idea and guaranteed to raise a smile ... or two! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

scrappyjacky said...

This is a great idea,Clare.

Sally H said...

A fabulous Christmas gift! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Sandy Ang said...

Lovely way to give a present !

Francesca said...

What an adorable creation , I love that sweet image
Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca